Monday, April 05, 2010

Caught a few on Saturday

I went to Lake Lodge again and spent about 4 hrs fishing. This time it was a little windy and I decided to try and go to the other side of the pond because
I could not get any bites in my usual spot. I fished all around the pond with no bites. I tried shaky head, texas rigged w/ and without weights, lipless
crankbaits, medium diving cranks, flukes, spinner baits, chatter baits, I threw about everything I could think of trying different retrieves and n
othing. I finally came back to the usual spot and tried throwing a small red craw pattern lipless crankbait. I got a reaction strike slow rolling it over the weedline. I caught two little guys and it was awesome getting those reactions strikes. I guess they just wanted something with a smaller profile and a little red. The water was cloudy from the w
aves. It usually pretty clear in this little pond.

The last fish and the better one of the day was a pretty crazy strike. I was slow rolling the crankbait back to the bank and I had it about two feet in front of me.
I am watching it as its coming back when all of a sudden the bass comes out of nowhere from the left and side swipes the crankbait it was the craziest thing ever. I never knew how fast and with how much force they smack their pray. It awesome to actually see the strike that close to the bank. Here are some pictures.



No comments: